While the MMF takes up the FIA Sporting Code Appendix H and upcoming FIA Drifting rules, as of 1st January 2018 the requirements for local drifting events shall be;
Core elements to be followed
1. Safety plan and relative ASR to the event.
2. No vehicles that are not racing should be ahead of start or in race line and / or its immediate run off
3. Chain of command as outlined in FIA Appendix V to be followed.
4. Drivers briefing to be given and signed by all present. Stewards have the right to deny participation to drivers missing the briefing
5. Marshals briefing to be given by Chief Marshal and signed by all present, and eventual late arrivals after briefing.
6. All participants and Marshals to be at venue 1 hours before scheduled start time.
7. All judges for the event are to be licensed.
1. Paddock Control
2. Driver / Competitor liason
3. Start control for driver clothing / helmet / window check etc.
4. Safety Officer
5. Clerk of the course
6. Judges (minimum 3)
7. Marshals as per plan
9. Secretary of the event.
1. As per safety plan
2. Ambulance at track entrance
1. Minimum of 2 extinguishers are each manned Marshall points and 1 extinguisher at each unmanned location.
2. Marshals at each point – One shall be the speed gun Marshall for the point and the other shall be the Radio Marshal
3. Each Marshall shall wear an Orange Hivis top. It is recommended that the hivis top contains a slot for license to be placed. License to contain blood group as of 2018.
4. Each Marshall to have a minimum of a Trainee license
5. Gloves per marshal